A country's government is made up of its elected president and congressmen, and appointed ministers. The government enacts laws that adjust a country's taxes, finances, trade, regional construction and diplomatic status with other countries. Although not a game feature, a country's government often also take a proactive role in other elements of a country's operation, such as community organisation.
The president of a country is elected by all citizens of that country. Only citizens with level 10 or more can candidate for president. Congress can impeach the president, if a 66% majority vote is achieved. Presidents may propose and vote on laws.
The president can assign the following ministers:
- Vice President
- Minister of Defence
- Minister of Economy
- Minister of Foreign Affairs
These positions have no special in-game powers.
Presidential elections are held on the 5th of each month. One citizen per party can candidate for presidential election each month.
Congress is the legislative body of a country. Elected congressmen can propose and vote on national laws, and approve citizenship requests. (NB: Congressmen can only propose two laws per term in office.)
The number of congress seats is defined by the formula:
((number of regions *2) + (0.05 * country population))
If the number of regions is less than 5 the formula will be:
(10 + (0.05 * country population))
The maximum number of total national seats is 60, and the minimum number or seats per region is 2.
Congressional elections are held on the 25th of each month. The leader of a party must confirm candidates as official to appear on the ballot.
- Congressmen can only propose 2 laws per term in office, whilst presidents may propose infinite laws.
- When proposing a law, a debate link can be assigned by the proposing citizen.
- Only one type of law (e.g. minimum wage change) may be proposed & voted on at any one time.
- Laws are passed by simple majority (50% + 1), except the President Impeachment law which requires a 66% supermajority.
- Legislative votes last 24 hours.
These are laws only proposable by the president of a country:
These are laws proposable by the president and also by any congressman: